Your word is a lamp for my feet and a light for my path. (Psalm 119)
Psalm 111 & Matt 6:7-15
Holy Spirit of God, help me perform your precepts with faithfulness and uprightness…
Even when I am harmed by others who do not know God’s ways, it is my choice whether or not I follow the precepts of God as they are outlined by Jesus in the Lord’s Prayer. How do I perform God’s precepts? “Faithfulness”, or the ability to keep my eyes fixed on Jesus, even when all I can see is his back, is needed. “Righteousness”, which is the way of genuine truth and love, is also required. Then I will be able to find the Creator’s way of humility, gentleness, peacefulness, hopefulness, and trustworthiness, through traumas and other disturbing events. Holy Spirit of God, help me perform your precepts with faithfulness and uprightness.
Pray then in this way: Our Father in heaven … (Matt 6: 9)
Soli ad gloriam dei
The Precepts of the Lord’s Prayer:
1. Realizing that I am a beloved daughter of Father God
2. Recognizing that God’s kingdom is above and beyond the most successful and famous human designs and organizations
3. Knowing that the will of God is the higher calling of each individual
4. Honoring the Lord’s name and character above all
5. Being forgiven by God for my own errors and omissions
6. Realizing I am called to forgive others and that as much as I am able to do this, I realize God’s mercy myself
7. Walking the light of truth and love even in the ‘mine-fields’ that test faith
8. Trusting in Christ’s leading through my own misunderstanding, harmful words and deeds of others or even figurative ‘torture and crucifixion’.
Beverly Illauq lives in Kemptville, Ontario, where she greets each morning by seeking the Gospel Mystery of the Day - the Word of the Lord for direct and practical application to the specific challenges & joys of the day.